2016 Scholarship Contest
he purpose of this annual scholarship contest is to identify and reward those students who we feel have the greatest potential for future success, both in competitive college & university admissions and beyond.
The winner of this year’s contest will receive:
- $1000 cash award
- Full-suite of competitive admissions consulting services (i.e. our most best and most comprehensive package) FREE of charge for 1 full year (equivalent to $10,000 value).
2016 Application Form
- Any 9th~11th grade student currently enrolled and in good academic standing at a CT high school may apply.
- Given the nature of the contest and the purpose of the award, applicants should ideally be within the top 5~10% of their class (in academic rank).
- The deadline for submission is December 16th, 2016. All materials, including academic transcripts and letters of recommendation, must be received at our office by this date. You must provide a valid email address to be notified that we have received your application.
- Your application materials will be reviewed in an impartial process by a panel of education consultants, college professors, alumni of elite colleges/universities, and other academic staff at MindWorks, LLC.
- The top finalists will be notified by via email by February 1st, 2017.
- All finalists must undergo an interview in person, which will take place during February and March of 2017.
- The winner will be announced during the first week of April, 2017. A profile of the winner will also be featured on our website.
- While the applicant may receive assistance in editing/revising the personal essay, it must be otherwise written entirely by the applicant. Please do not exceed the 750-word length limit.
- The discovery of any false information—whether it be a deliberate fabrication or some other misleading embellishment—in either the written or interview portions, will automatically disqualify any applicant from further consideration. If such discovery is made in the winning application, the award may be forfeited and offered to the runner-up.
- No personal information about any applicant will be shared with any third party, and all application materials will be discarded at the conclusion of the selection process, unless the applicant makes arrangements to retrieve his/her application from our office in person.